Jonathan, my bokashi informant, turned me on to Phil, The Smiling Gardener.
Phil is a holistic gardener with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
In this episode you will hear:
- why Phil considers vermicompost fertilizer
- why microbes are important for healthy soil
- the proper way to apply organic fertilizers
- using EM (Effective Microoganisms) in Worm Tea
- how to use bokashi in a worm bin
- the answer to – are composting worms really destroying North American forests?
At the time of the interview, I hadn’t read all of The Wholistic Gardening Handbook yet, so my questions kind of jump around a bit, but I think you get some good information anyway.
Podcast 10 – Phil Nauta the Smiling Gardener
Phil’s site – The Smiling Gardener
Review of The Holistic Gardening Handbook on My 20 Minute Garden
Inadvertently Organic – Agroinnovations podcast mentioned in the interview